Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Monthly Favorites~Jan/Feb

For the past few months I have been much more attracted to skincare than ever before in my life. It's slowing becoming a new addiction (like I need a new one) and my skin has never looked so good. I've acquired a few new things this year that I am really loving a lot and can't stop recommending to anyone who will listen.

What are they?!



Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleasing Water: What is this sorcery?! I still don't really understand what the hell this actually is but I can tell you it is legitimately life changing. My skin is an asshole and it will break out if I wash it too much... or not enough... or look at it wrong. So, I have to be careful about what I use and how often I use it and it's kind of a pain in the ass. With the Micellar water I can wash my face multiple times a day without my skin drying out or throwing a shit fit and ruining my life for a week. It leaves my skin feeling super clean and silky. It also removes makeup like a champ!

Biore Charcoal Pore Minimizer: I like to use this guy a couple times a week or during breakouts. It keeps my pores from looking like giant, filthy craters but it also greatly reduces the lifespan of a face demon even with only a single use.

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads: If you have issues with skin texture, hyper-pigmentation, acne or general dullness then I highly recommend these exfoliating pads. My skin just looks so fresh and bright and amazing. I know it's not just me because I keep getting compliments on my BARE skin! That has not happened since I was like 6 years old.

Acure Day Cream:  I don't know what the hell "gotu kola" is but I think it's my new best friend. This face cream feels so lovely when I'm slathering it on. It's not greasy, absorbs quickly and it smells sooooo good!

Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist: I think I thought this was a setting spray when I ordered it but it is actually much more than that. It claims to refresh your skin or makeup after wearing it all day. I tested this theory a few different times. While I did notice that I was a tad bit less oily, I can't say I noticed a significant difference. However, I tried using this to prep my skin before makeup application and I LOVE it. I can get pretty oily and for some reason I always lose makeup on my nose no matter what I do. I focused the mist on my T-zone after applying primer and I noticed a huge difference in the longevity of my makeup in that area. I was less oily throughout the day and my makeup actually stayed put on my nose. 

My Magic Mud Tooth Powder for Detoxifying & Whitening: I received a sample of this in the mail through a Facebook giveaway. I didn't really expect much from it and I was reluctant to willingly put this weird black crap in my mouth, but holy shit I am glad that I did! My mouth is so clean! And after only one use my teeth were much brighter. I've also noticed that my teeth consistently feel clean even after a couple days of not using it. Even my gums look healthier! Once this sample is gone I will be purchasing the full size and I am making everyone in my family order it too. 


Spit It Out!

What are your favorite products this month? Is there a product you didn't think you'd like but became a HG for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment