Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Monthly Subscription Review ~ Play! by Sephora & Ipsy Glam Bag ~ January 2016

December was a "no subscription box" month for me so I was excited for January to get here. Both subscriptions had some great products this month but Ipsy was actually my favorite box this time. I know, I'm shocked too!

What's Inside?!

Play! By Sephora

CLINIQUE Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight: This is a pretty big sample which is always a plus. Unfortunately, I am not big on cream/stick highlighters so I will be passing this one along. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel: I've tried these in the past and I am excited to use them again since my skin texture is shit these days. You definitely need a good moisturizer and SPF if you plan to leave your cave after using this.

Living Proof Prime Style Extender Spray: I've used this a couple of times in the past. It's okay. It works but I don't think it's anything special.

Dr. Brandt Skincare Needles No More: I have a sample of this that has been sitting in a drawer for a year waiting for me to get around to using it. I wonder if it's gone bad.....?

SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask in Green Tea: I really enjoyed using this mask. It was very cooling and my skin felt amazing afterward. I'm just not sure I would spend $5 on one mask.  

Tocca Isabel Perfume: I haven't actually gotten around to trying this on yet. I am not a huge fan of perfume and I am very picky with the ones I do wear. I'm seriously over getting perfume samples in my subscription boxes.


Ipsy Glam Bag 

OFRA Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil: Claims to be a "universal color suitable for all skin tones." I seem to always have an issue with finding appropriate colored brow products that don't break the bank. I think this eyebrow pencil is a really good shade for me. I like the stiffness of the pencil as it creates a more hair-like effect.

Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Lavender Bloom: I love these colors and the texture is quite nice. I like that you can use these wet or dry. Good neutral shades.

theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now): theBalm and I have had a sordid love affair for many years now and they still manage to get my rocks off. I received Scott B. Bordeaux which is a deep purple and I freakin' lurv it. 

Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brush: Makeup brushes are one thing I am never mad about getting in my Ipsy bag. They always manage to give great quality brushes. This one is no exception.

Lasting Smiles Lip Balm in Peppermint Creme: Meh. It's lip balm. However, I recently read that sniffing peppermint can ease migraines so I will be stashing this for easy access during my next suicidal (read: migraine) episode. 


So, all-in-all both boxes were packed with excellent products. For me, I will be getting more use out of the Ipsy bag this month. I can't wait to see what February has in store for both of these subscriptions!


Spit It Out!

What subscription services are you signed up for? What was your favorite product for January?


No comments:

Post a Comment