Monday, September 7, 2015

Product Review ~ Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation

This foundation made its way into my life via the Influenster VoxBox. I was pretty excited to try it as I have seen it promoted *everywhere* lately. So, I did as I was told and I took the 3-Week Better Skin Challenge and I am no longer feeling so excited. I have severely mixed feelings about this stuff and I am going to try by best not to be overly negative. (I said I would try!)

When I first applied it I noticed how lightweight it felt. It almost felt like nothing on my skin! I had high hopes at this point. However, I then noticed their "Medium to Full Coverage" claim was a bit off. I was able to achieve semi-medium coverage after 2 coats but surprisingly it still didn't feel heavy on my skin. Unfortunately, it looked terrible as it accentuated every line, wrinkle, crevice, dry patch and pore. I applied it a few different ways hoping that it might help give it a more flawless appearance. I think the Beauty Blender looked the best. I also tried mixing it with CoverFX pigment drops and it helped tremendously with the coverage but only helped slightly with the look of it.

My other gripe is that it wore quite poorly. After only a couple of hours I was very oily and it had already started wearing off of my nose and around my mouth. I did notice that once I took it off, my skin felt very soft and supple. I also noticed a slight change in the overall tone of my skin after the three week wear test. I will keep trying different methods to see if I can make it work with my skin better. I hate to let it go to waste and since it seems to do good things for my skin I would like to keep at it.

Overall, I guess I'm pretty middle of the road on this one. I'd say if you don't have skin texture issues like I do then it might be worth a try.


Spit It Out! Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts? Would you recommend it to a friend?




***I received this product free from Influenster for review purposes but all thoughts and opinions are my own.***








No comments:

Post a Comment