Saturday, February 28, 2015

Physicians Formula Argan Wear Review

I can not begin to explain how excited I was for this launch. Not only am I obsessed with Argan oil (I put that shit on everything!) but I love everything about Morocco. The art, the clothes, the patterns, the food. I love it so much I went as far as tattooing a map of it on my body. So when this collection came out I jumped on it. Sadly, it was kind of a let down for me.

Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil BB Cream:

I had high hopes for this since my skin gets terribly dry in the winter and BBs are where it's at for me. I liked the texture of this one as well as the way it plumped and hydrated my skin. However, it didn't seem to wear well and it accentuated dry skin and active breakouts. If my skin had been in good shape at the time I would have loved this BB cream for an everyday, easy face. However, the smell was unbearable. Many people claimed that it dissipated after a while but I could still smell it just as much after 8 hours of wear.

Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Bronzer:

I need another bronzer like I need a hole in the head, but it was so pretty I couldn't resist! We all know I despise over-sprays but that was easily knocked off by a gentle swirling with a brush. It was a bit on the orange side for my liking as I am pretty damn pale but it blended like a dream! It was so smooth and flawless looking. I was extremely impressed. Except for the smell. The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad smell. I watched a YouTube video where celebrity makeup artist "Roxy" refers to it as a "musk and vanilla" scent. That actually sold me on it before I purchased it, but this is definitely not that kind of scent. It is a very strong incense smell. Overpowering and headache inducing. This one also seemed to linger long after applied.

Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Blush:

Like the bronzer, the blush blended effortlessly and gave the prettiest flush to my skin. I bought this in the color natural and it was perfect for my skin tone. I did have to be careful when dipping my brush in it because you can get too much of the coral shade and really go overboard on color. Then, there is the smell. Again. It was not as bad as the BB and the bronzer but it was still very noticeable.

Final Verdict:

Overall, I was mostly impressed with the line save for the scent. I actually ended up returning the BB and the bronzer. I just could not handle the smell. It even made me nauseated after wearing it all day. Had they not smelled so bad I would have happily kept them.



Spit It Out!

Have you tried any of these products? Did you find the smell to be too much to handle?

No comments:

Post a Comment