Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Monthly Subscription Review ~ Wantable Makeup Box ~ January 2015

January is the third month I have received the Wantable makeup box and I still feel a bit on the fence about it. At $40 a month I expect to be blown away. While there have have been some great finds in this box I have still received some pretty disappointing products. I do, however, feel that their customer service is exceptional which is incredibly hard to find these days. I even received an email just yesterday mentioning changes to the return process to make it better and easier to return items that you do not like. That is a huge plus in my book. As I have discussed in the past, I have issues returning products but I might try just to see how whole thing works. And if not... Kitty gets new makeup. And I know she ain't mad about that!



What's In The Box?

Bodyography Cream Shadow in Gleam:
At first, I was horribly put off when I saw this. I am not a huge fan of chunky glitter and this was littered with it. I refrained from digging my filthy fingers into it until I found some swatches online. I figured that the glitter was only an over spray and that turned out to be the case. It is actually a very pretty bronze shadow. It is very easy to blend and quick to throw on. I placed it all over the lid and blended it up into the crease then added a bit more on the lid. It looked like I actually spent a decent amount of time putting it on when in reality it took about 5 seconds. It looked neat and well put together. But seriously... fuck over sprays.

Lord & Berry Shiny Lipstick in Nudo:
I'm still butt hurt about this one. This stuff glides on like a dream. It is smooth and pigmented and smells lovely and sweet. But... it's nude. And I don't mean just your typical everyday nude. I mean nuuuuude. Nekkid. Bare-assed, never seen the sun kind of nude. It looked pretty swatched on my hand but on my lips it made me look dead or like I just ate an entire bag of powdered donuts. Or got carried away with the cocaine. Had I received a different color I would have been smitten.

Spellbound Eternal Top Coat:
It's a top coat. Nothing special. It got the job done. It's certainly no Seche Vite, but it works.

Seta Retractable Kabuki Brush:
It's cute and green and soft and great for travel. It also drags disgustingly across your face when you try to set your makeup. And takes foundation with it as you use it. Maybe it would work well with something like a powder foundation where there's nothing else for it to cling to but trying to put powder over a normal foundation was a complete fail. 

Overall, this was a pretty disappointing box. I did make a couple requests for my February box so I am interested to see how that turns out. I have heard from many people that Wantable will try their best to accommodate you in that regard. I might even have to go back and retake my style quiz to see if I can't get some better products. I do like that I have the option to opt out of certain products that I do not want to receive. Maybe I need to nix the nudes and tools? I guess we will see what the next box has to offer!

Spit It Out! 
What did you get in your January Wantable box? Do you subscribe to any of their other boxes? Let me know your favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment