Tuesday, August 19, 2014

~*The Perfect Palette*~

One of my favorite things to watch on YouTube are the Perfect Palette Tag videos and since eyeshadow palettes are my favorite beauty products to buy I figured I would steal their tag questions. Because I'm a rebel like that...

Best Packaging : Sigma Paris Palette

I waited so long to buy this palette because I just wasn't sure I would love it. I had looked at pictures and watched videos of it dozens of times. I loved the look of it but I had never tried any Sigma products so I was on the fence about it for a long time. I am glad I finally broke down and ordered it. The whole thing is gorgeous. The colors are very pigmented and beautiful and the brushes are excellent. This one has its own special place on my vanity because I love looking at it so much!



Best Color Payoff: Urban Decay Electric Palette

I had a hard time choosing a palette for this category as I have a lot of palettes with great color payoff. Urban Decay and Lorac both make some of the best eyeshadows and I have A LOT of palettes from both companies. I settled on the Electric palette because it has THE best color payoff than all the others. And I would hope so as they are actually pressed pigments. If your pigments aren't very pigmented... you fail. These colors are so pretty and so vibrant I can't even stand it!



Most Versatile: Lorac Pro Palette #1

I know a lot of people chose this one for their most versatile palette and for good reason. Your options are endless and the fact that there are just as many mattes as shimmers it eliminates the need for an extra palette or other single shadows. You can easily go from day to night, use it to highlight and contour, and travel light all with this one palette.



Best For Travel: Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Palette & bareMinerals Ready To Go Complexion Palette

I kind of cheated with this category. I picked two as I felt the bareMinerals palette needed a spot on this list. I love the Lavish palette for travel as it is super sleek and fits easily in your purse or makeup bag. It takes up no room at all and it has a nice mix of matte, shimmer, and glitter shadows. The bareMinerals palette is a great full face palette that is useful for on-the-go. You can also use the contour and highlight for your eyes if you're in a pinch. And best of all, the Lavish palette fits perfectly inside the Ready To Go case!



Biggest Regret: Not buying the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette when I had the chance!

I tried to find a palette that I regretted buying but I came up empty handed. I am very picky when it comes to buying palettes and I do a lot of research before actually making a purchase so I don't really have any duds. I have a few palettes (BH Cosmetics and ELF) that I bought on a whim and rarely use but I find that they are great for Halloween and other costumed events. Not to mention, sometimes I need a color that isn't in my "good" palette collection and I always manage to find it stashed away in these palettes.


Best Color Names: theBalm Balm Jovi Palette

Do I really need to explain this one? I think not.



Least Used: Urban Decay Mariposa Palette

I have a love/hate relationship with this thing. It's adorable and the colors are great. However, every once in a while I will look in my palette drawer and think, "Why don't I ever use this?!" Then I attempt to open it and I am remind what a piece of shit the packaging is! 



Most Loved: Laura Mercier Artist Palette #2

I love everything about this palette! I was tempted to buy a backup and I am still kicking myself for not doing so. I WILL cry when this is gone. The packing is so classy and elegant. I love the texture on the outside and the magnetic closure. The shadows are soooo pretty and buttery and blendable. Can I use any more adjectives...?! This is definitely my all-time favorite palette. Why didn't I buy an extra one?!



I am sure by next year I will have a new list. I'm not even kidding when I say I have a palette addiction. I'm still on the hunt for a blush and lip palette, though. I've had my eye on theBalm's How 'Bout Them Apples for way too long and I may give in soon...


Spit It Out!

What is your most loved palette? Are you a palette junkie? If so, how many do you own?

No comments:

Post a Comment